quinta-feira, 3 de setembro de 2009

The Words I Offered to My Husband on the Occasion of our Wedding Celebration

Trying to comply with the requests of some very new friends I met in Chapada Diamantina, I am posting a translation of the text about my wedding ceremony originally posted in November 23rd 2008. There it goes. I hope you appreciate it.



The Words I Offered to My Husband on the Occasion of our Wedding Celebration

There is a certain kind of purity in routine,
In the continuous, and repetitive and apparently infinite action of accomplishing
Trivial and daily acts.

To share the routine with someone is still more precious,
An exercise of patience, because
Together with the routine one also shares his most intimacy.

And, suddenly, one decides to share with another one all the intimacy existent in the routine, and says:

Take it.
My routine is not only mine anymore.
A piece of it is you, for you.
Along with it, you will receive a bit of my solitude;
My anguishes,
My fears and pains about living.

Are you ready?

You will see my madnesses, you will feel my boredoms and wishes,
But you might see my smile all the times when a new spring approaches.
And so many other times when I feel the warm sun
Calling us for life that pulses
So contradictory, so unreasonable,
But, at the same time,
So gorgeously beautiful.

I‘ve chosen you
And now I can see that it makes sense to carry on through this path of flowers and stones,
Covered by some kind of fog that doesn’t allow me to see much ahead.

The fog covers my eyes,
I feel cold…
But your hands are always warm.

Take my routine if you are brave enough.
I’ve already had the great audacity to offer it.
And I accept yours in change if you promisse to be patient
And to turn your and our life into
Full moments of discoveries and learnings.

Nenhum comentário: